At Castle (EU) Ltd we are committed to ensuring that your personal information is protected and never misused.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about any aspect of this policy or how Castle (EU) Ltd handles your information please email us on email@example.com.
1. What information is being collected?
We will only ask for or collect the personal information we need to provide and improve the service, products and experiences our customers expect.
You may share with us: your name, job title, address, email address, contact number and payment information.
2. Who is collecting it?
Castle (EU) Ltd (Company Number: 08334007) is the data controller for the personal data. A data controller determines the purposes and means of processing personal data.
Our registered address is Castle Trading Estate, Fareham, PO16 9SF.
3. How is it collected?
Personal data is collected in one or more of the following ways:
- When you register for an account
- When you request a catalogue
- When you sign up to receive Product and Service Updates
- When you contact us through the website
- When you communicate with us through email or on the phone
- When you provide us with your contact details at an exhibition or show
- When you accept cookies on our website (see below)
4. Why is it being collected?
The primary legal basis for processing your personal data is contractual, to allow us to carry out the business transactions agreed between you and Castle (EU) Ltd.
In addition we may also process your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest in carrying out marketing activities and developing new products or services.
5. How will it be used?
Our main reason for collecting and using your personal information is to provide and improve the service, products and experiences that you expect from us. We use the information you share with us in the following ways:
- To respond to queries and requests
- To communicate with you
- To provide services and support for our products
- As long as you’re happy for us to do so, to tell you about our other products and services
- To customise and improve the way you shop with us in the future; for example by showing you products that we think you might like on the website
- To allow us to improve your experience through customer satisfaction surveys
6. Who will it be shared with?
The third parties who provide services on our behalf fall into the following categories:
- Those helping us to deliver products to you
- Third parties that assist us with our marketing
We will also share your personal information if we are required to do so by law.
7. How long is it kept?
8. Links to third party websites
We may provide links to other websites which are not operated and controlled by Castle (EU) Ltd.
We have no control over and are not responsible for the content of those sites or how the third parties responsible for them collect and use your personal information. We do not endorse or make any representations about third party websites.
Third party websites may have their own privacy policies explaining how they use and share your personal information. You should carefully review those privacy policies before you use these websites to make sure that you are happy with how your personal information is being collected and shared.
9. How your personal data is protected
We are committed to protecting your personal information. We use appropriate technical and organisational measures, including encryption, to protect your personal information and privacy, and review those regularly.
We protect your personal information using a combination of physical and IT security controls, including access controls that restrict and manage the way in which your personal information and data is processed, managed and handled.
We also ensure that our staff are adequately trained in protecting your personal information.
10. How can you change the way we contact you about our products?
You can change the way that we contact you in the following ways:
Opt-In/Start Contacting Me
If you hadn’t previously asked us to send you marketing communications, you can ask us to start contacting you (sometimes called an "opt-in") by:
- Contacting customer services and stating that you would like to receive communications from us
Changing your preferences
If you have previously said that you would like us to contact you ("opted-in") but would like to change or update the way that we do so, you can update your preferences by:
- Contacting customer service and stating that you would like to change or update the way that we contact you
Opt-Out/Stop Contacting Me
If you want to stop receiving marketing communications from us (sometimes called "opting out"), you can do so at any time by:
- Contacting customer services stating that you no longer wish to receive such communications
- Using the unsubscribe option included in all our email correspondence (on all marketing and support communications)
- Emailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Your rights
You have the right to access, update and amend personal information that we hold about you. You can also:
- Object to our use of your personal information for certain purposes
- Ask us to limit or restrict our use of your personal information
- Ask us to remove or delete personal information about you
If you would like to exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal information, please email email@example.com.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your request, you also have the right to refer the matter to the Information Commissioner in the UK. https://ico.org.uk/
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We use session cookies on the website. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. We will use the session cookies for the following purposes: to keep track of you whilst you navigate the website, and to keep track of the contents of your shopping cart.
We use persistent cookies on the website. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach their specified expiry dates. We will use the persistent cookies for the following purposes: to enable our website to recognise you when you visit, and to remember your preferences relating to the use of our website.
Third parties who provide web services to us may also send you cookies.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking Tools, Internet Options, Privacy, and selecting Block all cookies using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.